July 30, 2008

Hobby.... hobby.... anyone have a hobby?!?


So I have about a month til school starts and I'm looking for a new hobby, or something to fill in my downtime. I know this sounds a little weird but I have EXTRA time during the day.

I'm still spending my days:
-reading a lot (it's summer and I'm outta school and can read whatever I want!)
-working out on an ALMOST regular basis
-ONLY working ONE full time job
-Blogging whenever something interesting (or not so interesting) happens: )

BUT I still have plenty of time left over... and am wondering what I can do to fill the time? Something CHEAP tho! I do need to put together the Epic Asia Trip 2007 trip dvd/video for my best friend Amber, but that can only be worked on a little at a time: )

I haven't come across anything in a while that's consumed all my time, as some hobbies sometimes do! SO does anyone have any ideas of a small, easy, inexpensive hobby I could pick up? Something on the internet? A craft? Something that you do on your down time? Although most of you are busy Moms and whatnot, (that read this) I'm guessing there has to be something that you know of... seeing as Moms know everything! I'm just searching for ideas, so anything will be appreciated!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I always enjoy putting together online photo albums. I use Shutterfly and its relatively inexpensive to print off. Cross-Stitching is also a fun thing...maybe you could find a cute one to do for Olivia or Ashby. Just some thoughts! And i don't know if you're a Twilight fan but don't forget that Breaking Dawn comes out in 2 days!

Chelsea and Rusty said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday!!!!

Lindsy said...

Hmm, Shae really got into rhinestoning and made some of the cutest flipflops and shirts for her girls. I think there is a lot of room for creativity. You can rhinestone just about anything! Baby gifts, keychains, cellphones, belts, shirts, shoes, picture frames. That may be a good one.

Just some other hobbies... yoga, painting, photography, sewing, city sport league like volleyball, softball, soap making (Perry did this and made everyone gifts for Christmas).

Thats all I can think of for now. Goodluck!!!

I wish I had more time to do one of these.

JulieB said...

Hmm...I always like to organize my closets and get rid of stuff I don't use- it's so liberating! Lame hobby, I know. I like to browse decorating blogs and print off pages of ideas. There are also a ton of websites with craft/hobby ideas- like this one. http://www.makeandtakes.com/

JulieB said...

Also, cooking is a fun one (but can get pricey). There are so many fun cooking websites with ideas- like this one http://cafejohnsonia.blogspot.com/