July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

YAY for America! Ooooh, how I love my America. I think that most people can say that. Oh you know unless we're talking about some sheltered-very liberal-riot going-tree hugging-bra burning-extreme college student at Berkeley, who hates America for all the terrible things we impose on all the rest of the world... blaaah blaaah blooog.

AAAANYWAYS. Yeah, America. Land of the Free. Home of the Brave. Over time and travels, I've come to appreciate my home country more and more. The rights and freedoms that we so easily enjoy here, are usually lacking or non-existent in foreign countries, and I know it's somewhat cliche to say, but we tend to take those rights and freedoms for granted.

So in the spirit of America and all that it represents, we all know that we wouldn't be where we are today with out our military. And having several members of my family in one branch or the other, I'd like to say THANK YOU for all that you've done, do, will do and most of all, for what you've sacraficed for my personal rights and privlidges.

Grandpa Brown in his Air Force uniform... back in the day... waaaaay back in the day.


Grandpa and Grandma Brown...tender! Look at his hands! They're as big as my Grandma's face!

Grandpa Scadlock in his Navy uniform. He signed up to fight in WWII when he was only 17!

Grandpa & Grandma Scadlock... how cute are they! Love the mu-mu Grandma!

Cameron, Jordan and I at Jordan's Marine Graduation in San Diego last year

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for this post Court! I LOVE America, too! I LOVE the 4th of July...the patriotism and pride I have for our country is often very overwhelming! I love and am so thankful to the members of our military, especially those we know personally!! A big THANK YOU! God Bless America!!

Marmee said...

Thanks Courtster....I am grateful as well and am blessed to live in America and have the freedoms that have been bought and paid for by those who have sacrificed their lives. PS.....we need a picture of our Marine Daren Scadlock to add to this post!!!

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

Totally! I remembered Darren....I just don't have a pic...so anyone who want to email me a picture, I would appreciate it!