June 24, 2008

Times a Change'in

A LOT has happened this last week....well, not really, but two main things:

1. I found a new roommate! Yay! Okay, here's the deal. I loooooove looove love my studio/living on my own in downtown Tempe, but my retarded landlord was raising the rent almost $100... OUTRAGEOUS! ("I'm so mad I could just spit!"- who am I?! Lol.) "How can you raise the price?! The studio doesn't even have a kitchen!", I argued with the landlord. Odd, I know. (I do have a mini fridge and microwave, tho. Everyone asks). SO, I figured I could just find another place for $500 WITH a freaking kitchen.
SO one day while at work (my new job) I was talking to the only other girl in my training class and she mentioned she was looking for an apartment- and Whaa-La, instant roommate. After looking around, we're getting a 2/bed 2/bath for about the same price I was paying for a studio, before the rent increase! I'll be moving closer to my new job, less than a mile away(seeing as gas prices are insane, this will help out) and I'll be going to downtown Phoenix ASU this next semester- and that's not too far of a drive away. So as far as the roommate goes- I've stayed in too many hostels, stayed with too many random people and places to be all that picky of who I live with. She seems pretty normal- from Denver, CO. 25 years old. Typical girl. We'll see tho... could be the roommate from hell!?!? lol. Nah, not worried

2. I quit my job! Hooray! Goodbye 4am job. Blah, I'm SO over that job. I was typing up my 30 day notice for my studio apt. at work one morning and while at it, decided I didn't want to work 80 hours a week anymore... especially the 4 am job. (I've been working 4am-12:30, and then 2:30-11pm- terrible! I don't recommend this to anyone!) SO while in the spirit of notice writing, I wrote up my 2 week notice for my job and an officially done with CH2M Hill (otherwise known as my Verizon Wireless facilities job) July 3rd! I'm SO excited! I was going to quit it anyways, as all my school classes are in the morning this next semester. I'll be keeping my Dish Network job tho- which sorta sucks... as I work from 2:30pm-11pm.

SOOOOOO here's some pic's of my studio... I just put up some framed pics from Asia and bought a new bed spread! I bought it a little while ago from Urban Outfitters, love'it! They actually have some great house items... I threw in some other random pics...(all of which will be moved within the next month...laaaame.

I loooooove my pillows! Most of them are from Bali, Indonesia... I bought a whole bed set there for about $50USD- but got tired of it, hence the new bed spread.

My very colorful bookshelf and random nick-knacks....

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Sounds like GOOD changes to me. I'm glad the roommate thing worked out. I remember that being so stressful sometimes. And 4AM? HOW in the world did you do that? Guess I better stop complaining about Dallin waking me up at 6 in the morning. And finally, I love your filled up crowded bookcases...awesome! (I have a passion for bookcases!)

P.S. Hey, the camera I use is an SLR Sony ax100. They just came out with the ax200 so you can buy the older version a lot cheaper now. It's SO FUN!