June 10, 2008

BFFs

An ODE to BFF: Amber L. Conley
I’m a big believer in having LOTS and lots of friends. The more the merrier, right? And everywhere you go too. I like knowing that if I were to go somewhere I might possibly have someone I can visit while visiting. It’s always great when you make friends. Some friends are usually better than others. Some you carry with you throughout life, and keep in contact with on a regular basis, sometimes daily, for years. Others you email randomly or send Christmas cards to, sporadically. But when it comes down to it, you usually have ONE Best Friend. My best friend is Amber. Here’s my favorite picture of her (in Koh Pii Pii):I’ll tell you what I’m not a believer of… when someone has about 10 Best Friends. It’s confusing. When you mention your “best friend”- or refer to all your friends, as your “beeeest frieeeend” I start to doubt that they’re really all your best friends. The word BEST implies that one thing or person is usually above the rest:

BEST:
1. of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
2. most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
3. largest; most: the best part of a day.
–adverb, superl. of well with better as compare.
4. in or to the highest degree; most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved. (we seem to try to only let the BEST things into our lives, right?)
5. something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.

Now I do believe that those who are married are definitely best friends with their spouse (or I’d hope so!). BUT they usually have one other person that would be next in line to talk to, get advise from, call when you’re upset and who will listen to you when you just need to vent.

Amber, my Best Friend, is that person. And this blog entry is dedicated just to her! YAY! Haha! Here are some of my favorite pictures of Amber and more importantly, my favorite things about my bff…

Traveling with Amber for 3 months was everything rolled into one! I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend all that time with... haha. (Us dancing in Lao). She's very honest. She’s open to discuss everything- religion, politics, boys, etc. She's very observant. Amber is probably one of the best people I know to give constructive criticism. She’s kind hearted.

She’s funny. She’ll help pull out hair extensions, for a little while! She’ll go out of her way to try to make me happy. She’s SMART! (In a cooking class in Chang Mai, Thailand). And has common sense. She likes to have a good time. She has morals and values. She likes to have chill time. Amber likes to meet and talk to new people.
She considerate. (Eating in Koh Phanang) She's ridiculously good looking, but like not conceited at all. She's a boy magnet too! hahahaaaa! She loves and respects her family. She’s ‘hella’ cool, like that! Haha! She's a great Best Friend Forever! I love her dearly! She always has some exciting story to share. She gives great advice. She's a great listener. She's up for a challenge. She forgives easily. She ALWAYS calls me! (Playing/singing a game on a 36 hour train ride with the cutest Chinese girl EVER!) She’s funny. She's a talented piano player. She's wants to help the world. She always has cool Halloween costumes. She doesn’t like to dance, but she’s good at it anyways. YAY for best friends!

6 comments:

April said...

I really like Amber too. Rolling posters was made easier with her around. And she's so pretty!

Unknown said...

Courtney, YOUR the BEST!!!!!! Your sweet ode to me almost made me cry. Hahaha, but laugh at the same time.

Lindsy said...

You are officially a blogger... I am proud!! LOL We miss arizona and parties at your Mom's house. They were always delicious :) So what are you up to these days?

Anonymous said...

If you are going to catch that football coach/teacher Brian, you need to learn to spell....for example: conceded is actually spelled "conceited", although conceded is also a word....such as "the south conceded to the north, ending the civil war"... (spell check g/f)!!! And yes, I do believe Amber Conley is the BEST friend a girl can have!!! Luv you Amber.

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

Thanks Mom... I can always count on you to correct my terrible spelling. That's what I get for having you type up all my reports while growing up! haha.

JulieB said...

Whenever I think of Amber, I think of you guys saying "Yay!!" constantly in China. Hahha...So good to have a best friend like that!