August 29, 2008

Meet Karen

This is my friend Karen. Well, really she's my Mom's friend- and I happen to be more of an extended friend. You know the kind- my Mom's the connection here. But had I met Karen first, we'd still be friends without the Mom connection. I'm just drawn to her like that.

So today we had great lunch and great convo and she mentioned something about my blog. It doesn't show my "culture diverse side". Or the fact that I have too many friends of other races other than white (although, most everyone on here is my family!)... black/African American friends, Latinos, Asians... I don't think she saw my Epic Asia Trip 2007 blog- if I made one or not, I'm not sure?! I'll have to do a blog about that sometime! Plus all the many other races of people in the world. So seeing as I've lived/traveled all over world and with lots of different types of people, from many nations and of many races, I guess it doesn't seem to show on my blog? Sad. I'm living in a white bread world!?!?

So I've decided to make Karen my "token" black friend on my blog, for the time being! Love ya Karen! oh, and a hilarious blog about white people having black/Asian friends... check this site out! It has TONS & TONS of other funny topics...

A very unflattering picture of myself. Karen and my Mom look fine tho, ugh. This was taken at a Mother's Day party that Karen threw at her house... good times! LOOK! We're like and OREO, but backwards!
Here she is with Meriel, Pat's Mom. Isn't she pretty! Karen is also one of the most friendly/loving people I've ever met: )
Here she is at the bottom of the picture talking to Pat's Mom, she's so nice!... and that's her husband across from her, or the only other black person at he table! They're a cute couple!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.