May 28, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane #1

Just a quick recap of what I’ve been up to the last few years…
I was called to serve in the Spain Las Palmas Mission starting July 2005, but technically started in the CLAM (otherwise known as the California Los Angeles Mission). And had I known then what I know now, I might have actually asked to stay all 18 months there! Hind sight is always 20/20. JOKE.
So after waiting for my VISA there for a few weeks, I was sent to the Canaries, which are off the north/western coast of Africa. I grew to love the Canaries. In time.
After almost a year there in the islands, the Las Palmas Mission and the Spain Malaga Missions were combined. YAY! I was then transferred up to Fuengirola, el costa del Sol- on the peninsula where I finished. I completed the mission in late Dec 2006, taking almost 3 days to get home, with a night in London, NYC and a whole day in Dallas, TX. Ah the excitement! I have pictures to prove it!
Our investigators with their kiddos at a branch activity. Fuengirola.

YAY! Found my brothers name on a trash can! Lol.

A service project in my first area with some of my favorite missionaries! Lang, Seminario and Curtis!

Our lovely Moroccan friends, giving us a leaving party. We worked at Cruz Roja with them.

Working with Cruz Roja on Fuerteventura-to help the Africans that came over on boats.

My last Sunday on the mission, with one of my favorite ladies ever, Gloria, at her baptism. Her (ADD) son and my (ADD) companion, Hermana Boisserie.

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

Love the dark hair... really you can get away with any color.