January 5, 2009

You'll Never Belive It...

But one of my 2009 Goals is to start running again... so some of my peps and I have decided that we're going to run a half marathon! I know, I don't look like I'm ready to run one, but I'm getting there. SL..OOO...WLY. YAY! Okay, sooo my peps are actually some family members and myself that have decided that we're going to run in the Charlottesville Marathon and Half Marathon at the end of April, in Virginia. And get this, it's call "Bad to the Bone" Marathon! SICK! It's actually considered to be one of the top 10 BEST half marathons for beginners and in America. YAY! It's also one of the most B-E-A-UTIFUL runs too. We'll be sure to take lots of pics! I'm SO SO excited to get back into running and I've been enjoying it the last few weeks I've had free from school. I hope to get better and make this a regular physical activity for 2009!!

7 comments:

Kacey said...

Good luck girl...if anyone can do it YOU can!!!!

Did you know Bad to the Bone is one of my Dad's favorite songs? Maybe it could inspire him to run that marathon too. :-)

Julie said...

I'm running a half marathon too! We're gonna do the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon over labor day weekend. You're welcome to join us if you wish!!!

Heather said...

You go! Seriously, have fun with it!

April said...

Props to you!

Marilee said...

You'll love it. I ran one a few years ago (Cam and Julie ran the same one that year) and I loved it. One suggestion, run the full half marathon distance BEFORE the day of the race. Most training guides don't recommend that but I TOTALLY do!!!! It will make the real thiing a lot easier. You go girl!

The King Family said...

Good for you babe! That's one of my goals too. Have I started it yet?! NO! But its on my never-ending to do list! Maybe I'll do another triathalon one of these days too!

Amy said...

Rock on girlfriend! I'm so proud of you! DOn't worry about what time you'll get, just finishing is a huge accomplishment. Someday maybe I'll run marathons again, but having kids and what having kids does to your joints it's a little hard on my body running distance. I love the feel of running though. There are still so many marathons I want to run, so maybe this fall or next year we can run one together. Wouldn't that be fun. a little vaca? If you have any questions email me and I'd love to share my experiences. good luck with the training and don't go too hard too quick.