October 13, 2008

Okay, crazy story time....

... although this happened a few weeks ago, I thought I'd share it with y'all....

Sunday night I got home from a very busy weekend totally pooped! I was off to bed, literally at 9pm... about 5 hours earlier than what I'm used to. Anyways, my roommate, April gets home from work around 11pm. That night she finds a plate of cookies at the front door with my name on it and a little poem (still don't know who they're from....??!?!)... anyways, she brings them in and off to bed she goes.

Well, about 2:30 in the AM I hear a loud knocking on the front door, my room being closest to the entry, I hear pretty much everything. People stomping up and down the stairs, someone knocking on the neighbors door, etc. Aaaah, apartment living! I know you all miss it!

Anyways, I walk out into the hallway and the front door is ajar...?!?!? creeeeepy!WHAAAAAT is going on? So I open it up to see my very Cute Neighbor (although I'm not attracted to him) with pad and pen in hand, and this is how the convo goes (oh, but I'm completely out of it and not coherent I'm sure):

CN: hey! I'm soooo sorry for waking you up...

ME: no worries, what's going on?

CN: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, but I noticed your door was open and I wanted to make sure everything was okay

ME: weird, we always lock our door

(Literally! we really always lock our doors...)

CN: I was just writing out a note to tell you that it was open when I walked by and I was going to put it in the door and shut it for you, but I wanted to make sure everything was OK

ME: okaaay, thank you. goodnight

Tender! V. thoughtful of him, but still I was a little freaked out to say the least. We do lock down pretty much every night. After I shut and locked both bottom and top locks, I go through every room and check to make sure that there's no crazy murder/rapist lurking around our casa. CLEAR! Then I go back to my room and lock my bedroom door.... and freak myself out for 20 minutes til I fall asleep. I'm such a dork! I don't know how I lived on my own or traveled around in random, scary cities?!

So after talking to my roommate the following day, she's not sure what happened. Perhaps the cookies threw her off, and she thought she closed and locked the door?! Don't know? But we're making EXTRA sure that the front door is now locked.

BUT to add to the story... flash forward to the following morning... I walk out the door and there's a note that's fallen to the ground.... and here's what it says:

Hello,
My name is _______ (blank, for his protection, of course). I really do apologize for waking you up or even startling you.

Just wanted to make that everything was ok and that you were ok also.
maybe if it's possible we can go out for a latte or something?

If so call me @ __________ or text.

By the way you are pretty.

Hope to hear from you. have blessed day and a blessed week.
x J

OKAY! OKAY! SO ADORABLE... what boy says that you're cute?!??! Well, not any LDS boys, that's for sure (yeah, LDS boys are gay). I'd take him up on going out, but really, I'm not interested at all. I sent him a text later that day thanking him for keeping an eye out for us girls and let him know that if he ever needs a cup of sugar or some flour, we prob won't have any! No joke. And left it at that.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Totally creepy that your door was open. I did however totally love the story. And he's right you are cute! LOVES!

Julie said...

good story! that would be totally creepy and nice that a cute boy likes you, even though you're not interested. Its always flattering!